It’s normal to have creases and lines, or wrinkles, on your face and neck as you age. This is part of the normal aging process, which you can’t avoid. This is the skin’s natural response when it loses elasticity and moisture.
Causes of Wrinkles
Sun damage is the leading cause why wrinkles develop, but it could also be due to other factors like lifestyle and stress. Dehydration and smoking are also known factors that cause wrinkles.
Facial expressions also contribute to early development of wrinkles. When you frown or smile repeatedly, it uses a facial muscle and forms a groove beneath the skin’s surface. When you’re young, your skin would simply go back to normal. But as you age, the skin becomes less flexible thus making the groove permanent.
Procedures to Remove Wrinkles
Some procedures can reduce, if not, remove completely existing wrinkles on the face. Getting Botox in medspa facilities like Clarity Skin in Salt Lake City will make the face wrinkle-free for up to four months. It’s given to patients through injections and is a very quick procedure.
Laser resurfacing is another procedure for removing wrinkles on the face. It uses IPL or intense pulsed light, which gets through the surface of the skin to improve its texture and tone. The results also take several months.
Tips to Avoid Wrinkles
1. Avoid the sun or apply sunscreen and wear a hat when you’re outside.
2. Quit smoking. Cigarette smoke contains enzymes that destroy the skin’s elastin and collagen.
3. Get enough sleep to increase human growth hormone. This helps keep the skin thick and elastic.
4. Include fish in your diet. It contains protein and essential fatty acids, which nourish the skin.
5. Eat fresh fruits and veggies. They’re rich in antioxidants that help repair skin damage due to free radicals.
6. Apply moisturizer.
7. Don’t over-wash the face because it removes your skin’s natural oils that protect it from dryness.
8. Use topical treatments like alpha-hydroxyl acid and Retin-A to reduce lines and wrinkles on the face.
There’s no way to stop the development of wrinkles but there are things you can do to slow it down. Also, there are topical treatments and aesthetic procedures that promise younger-looking, wrinkle-free face.